Update: The application period for scholarships to be awarded in 2018 is now closed. Applicants will be notified of awards in Summer 2018. Thank you.
- Applicants must be residents of Public Housing / Section 8 / Low Income / Subsidized Housing.
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior or currently attending an accredited institution of high education.
- Verification of acceptance at a specific school (college acceptance letter).
- Substantiation of financial need/household income.
- Essay of approximately 250 words – applicant choice of topic.
- Transcript of grades from high school or college presently attending (transcript may be forwarded later if not available at time of application submission).
- Optional: Letters of recommendation.
- Agency Authorization must be signed by the Executive Director or his/her designee, certifying applicant’s status with the Agency.
- One $1500 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Application submitted to Scholarship Committee at email@example.com by Friday, May 18, 2018
- Screening, evaluation and selection conducted by Committee.
- Any application that is incomplete or missing appropriate submittals will be disqualified.
- Scholarships award decision to be made at the July MAPHD Board Meeting.
Questions? Emails firstname.lastname@example.org